Register with Superintendent's Office
In accordance with state law, Waconia Public Schools is required to ensure that all school-age children living within the district's boundaries are being educated. Residents of ISD 110 may choose to homeschool.
· By October 1 of the first year the child is homeschooled after reaching age seven.
· Within 15 days of withdrawing a child from public school to homeschool.
Within 15 days of moving out of a district, the parent must notify the old district of the move. They must turn in the Full Report to the new district by October 1 of the next year.
In subsequent years, the parent turns in a Letter of Intent to Continue to Provide Instruction by October 1 of each year.
512 Industrial Blvd
Waconia, MN 55387
MN Department of Education
Home School Information for Parents
The following links provide helpful information related to home schooling in Minnesota.
- Choices in addition to homeschooling
- Compulsory instruction
- Registering with local school district
- Documentation and scores
- Diplomas and transcripts
- Extracurricular activities
- Part-time public school enrollment (shared time)
- Online learning
- Aids to Nonpublic Students
- Tax breaks
- Educational neglect and/or homeschool reporting violations
- PSEO for homeschoolers
- Drivers education